12 Weeks Pregnant – My Growing Baby
My growing baby has gained another half of an inch and is now measuring three inches long. The weight has approximately doubled with my baby weighing one ounce.*
12 Weeks Pregnant – Changes for my baby
My baby’s eyes will move closer together and the ears will move towards their final position making my baby’s face look more real. My baby’s intestines have outgrown the body and pushed into the umbilical cord, however they will start to move back into the abdomen. Sucking a thumb or fingers may be seen and now my baby actually makes urine through the kidney’s*
12 Weeks Pregnant – Changes for me
Your uterus has now grown larger than a softball and it is even possible for my healthcare provider to feel it. Although you may have already started to show prior to this week; it is not uncommon to start needing some type of maternity clothes to account for the changes. Skin changes that include patches on your face, neck, under your arm and a darkening of the areola around your nipple may already be noticeable. Your face may also begin to glow because of additional oil; this is referred to as the mask of pregnancy. Don’t worry because after you give birth you may expect to see these dark patches go away. Some women wish they could keep the glow.*
12 Weeks Pregnant – Planning this week
Hopefully, you have been eating well since before you were pregnant, but it is important to make sure that you are eating well balanced meals and getting the nutrients that both you and your baby need. Although you will have cravings and giving into those is welcome; it is essential that you still eat healthy foods consistently throughout your pregnancy. Excess weight can be avoided by:
- Avoiding fast food/junk foods
- Avoiding late night snacks
- Limiting fats and sweets
- Eating well balanced meals
- Exercising three times a week
12 Weeks Pregnant – Health Tips
Kegel exercises are helpful for developing the vaginal muscles which usually make it easier to manuever through labor and birth. These kegel exercises also make it easier to get back in shape after delivery.
12 Weeks Pregnant – Tips for my partner
A massage on her feet, hands back and/or shoulders are a great way to lessen the stress that she may be experiencing as she has navigated her way through the hormonal craziness of the first trimester. This may help her feel better, help her circulation, rest easier or just feel better because of the special attention. Either way, you can’t go wrong by providing some simple massages. Added perks can be accomplished by using her favorite fragrances.
* All measurements are provided as a general guide for common pregnancy development which may vary depending on the nutrition, mother’s health or accurate dating of conception. Every pregnancy is unique and may be experienced differently even for the same woman. It is important to undertand that babies develop at a different rate even before they are born. The purpose of this developmental information is to give you a general idea of how your baby is growing, and you must remember that your baby’s growth may vary from that which is outlined.