8 Weeks Pregnant – My Growing Baby
My baby is almost 1 inch long. My baby is about the size of a bean.*
8 Weeks Pregnant – Changes for My Baby
Everything that is part of an adult human shows up between weeks 8 and 10. My baby’s ears ears and bones are forming and my baby’s can even flex some muscles. My baby’s fingers and toes are getting longer but they look funny because they are webbed.
My baby’s face is forming with the tip of the nose and eyelids becoming more distinguished. The tail off the backside of my baby is going away and the body is becoming straighter.*
8 Weeks Pregnant – Changes for me
Some people may not even notice that you are pregnant but your body is changing inside. Your uterus has grown to about the size of a softball. Your breasts are probably beginning to get more tender or sensitive. The changes in your breast are of course related to your body preparing to breastfeed your baby. Your blood volume has increased by 4o to 50% which will be used to help provide oxygen and nutrients to your baby.*
8 Weeks Pregnant – Planning this week
Your first prenatal visit may very will be happening this week. But don’t be concerned if it is not scheduled because it is common for the first prenatal visit to happen some time between 8 to 12 weeks. Your prenatal care visit will be rather long the first time so that your healthcare provider can conduct a medical history that includes:
- Medical problems
- The date of your last menstrual period
- Birth control methods
- History of abortions and/or miscarriages
- Medications you are taking, or are allergic to
- Your family’s medical history
You can also expect:
- A medical exam with a pap smear, cervical cultures and an ultrasound
- Opportunity to address any questions that you may have
8 Weeks Pregnant – Health Tips
Acne can develop because of the changes in your skin. Make sure that you read all warnings and examine the ingredients to make sure they are not harmful to your baby. It may prove helpful to discuss some over the counter medications with your local pharmacy. Keeping your face clean is the best way to prevent or reduce acne. Washing twice a day is good, but more than that can create irritation.
8 Weeks Pregnant – Tips for my partner
Taking care of the pets is a good way to make life easier for mom-to-be. This could be walking the dog, shopping for pet food, changing the litter box or taking pets to the vet. If you have outdoor cats, it is important to change the litter box for her because it could expose her to toxoplasmosis.
* All measurements are provided as a general guide for common pregnancy development which may vary depending on the nutrition, mother’s health or accurate dating of conception. Every pregnancy is unique and may be experienced differently even for the same woman. It is important to undertand that babies develop at a different rate even before they are born. The purpose of this developmental information is to give you a general idea of how your baby is growing, and you must remember that your baby’s growth may vary from that which is outlined.